Archive for category Testimony
|Image courtesy: http://images.christianpost.com/blog|
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.” – Isaiah 55:8,9
That sounds really spiritual, doesn’t it? Maybe that applies to you if you are a Jew – but certainly not if you are a Christian. Because if you are a Christian, then the Bible says that you have the mind of Christ:
“For “who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.” – 1 Corinthians 2:16
Do you really think you can fulfill the Great Commission if your thoughts are lower than God’s thoughts and your ways are lower than His ways? If that were possible, then why would the Bible say that we have the mind of Christ? Why would we even need the mind of Christ? Praying and reinforcing the idea that God’s thoughts are higher than ours and His ways are higher than ours is a good way to try hard not to fulfill all that God has called you to do, as a Christian. Because God’s heart is for salvation, deliverance and healing for every human. So if He conceived that plan, only His thoughts and ways can achieve the fulfillment of these goals. If you don’t share His vision, think His thoughts and deploy His methods, there is no way to achieve these goals.
Maybe I’m preaching this to myself too, but if you want to fulfill the Great Commission, then the starting point is this:
- Learn to think (believe) like Jesus did; and
- Learn to walk (act) the way Jesus walked (acted).
That’s because the Old Testament saints – the Jews – did not have the Holy Spirit living inside of them. So they could not think or act like Jesus. But since we have the mind of Christ, and Jesus Christ and God the Father are one, our thoughts and ways are positionally the same as God’s. So the only thing we need to do is enforce that position in our lives. Once we get to doing that on a regular basis, we will be taking big strides to fulfilling God’s plan for our lives!
Are you on fire for the Gospel? Good, because you should be! Then here’s a blog post you might like and find useful: How to Spiritually Capture a City: Download MP3
Here’s a great teaching from John G. Lake Ministries, titled “How to Spiritually Capture a City.”
Click the link below to download the teaching as an MP3 file:
Curry Blake – General Overseer of JGLM says in that teaching that they have actually practiced what he teaches and it’s worked. If it worked for them, it should surely work for any other church and for any born again child of God.
Caution: Jesus sent disciples two-by-two. So I suggest you go out in groups to evangelize the way they recommend. And if there is hostility in the area you live or plan to evangelize, I suggest you speak to your pastor first, because the pastor is responsible for your spiritual well-being and life before God. If all is fine, then try it out and leave your comments here. If I do try out the method, I too will update. Till then, forever, God bless you and use you more mightily as a blessing, in Jesus’ name. Amen!
They say “Never quit.” “Never give up.” In some cases, that’s not true. It depends on what you want to or need to quit or give up. If you are a slave to smoking or drinking, then you need to quit – give up – that. You need to be set free. Many people who live in democracies are in bondage – to sin. Or they are captives of disease, depression etc. Are they really free? No…! They need to be set free. Here’s how…
“Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.” – John 8:36
The best way to be set free from sin is to repent of it before the true living God and ask Him to forgive you and restore you to what He wants you to be. Jesus Christ – the Son of God – wants to set you free today…now. All you need to do is ask him to forgive you and help you overcome your weaknesses. In saying this I assume that you are already a born-again believer in Jesus Christ. If you are not, then you need to become one. Click here to learn how to get born again. Once (or if already) you are a born-again believer, use the suggestion given earlier in this paragraph, exercise your authority in Jesus’ name and choose to receive the freedom that is yours in Christ Jesus! Amen.
Are you the only born-again Christian in your family/community? If so, it’s quite likely you meet with opposition. Take heart, though. Here are some thoughts that will encourage you in your faith…
- American-Indian saying: “Does the moon stop shining because little dogs keep barking at it?” I’m not saying that your family members are “little dogs!” But you are the light in your family/community, through whom the Light of Christ shines for the world to see!
- 1st Gen Entrepreneurs: Across the world, in families where the traditional occupation is an office job, the person who dares to follow his artistic or business calling is always meets with criticism. If you have a clear conviction about Jesus and a burning desire to glorify him, just don’t give up.
- God’s Chosen: They say, “God is looking for people who are looking at Him.” And if you are looking at Him, make sure you look only at Him. Don’t let material temptations or worldly friendships and pastimes take over. God has a special role for you to play for His Kingdom. After all, “Many are called, but few are chosen.” Maybe you are.
- Preserve your Testimony: First-generation Christians can face opposition and remarks from relatives, friends, old neighbours and people at large. Don’t let that depress you. Important Point: your critics are not your enemies. When they ask you “Why Jesus?”, rather than saying “Why not Jesus?”, share the Gospel with them first and then share your testimony. Pray that the Lord opens their eyes and hearts. The decision is theirs. You have taken yours. Don’t change it.
Follow these steps and who knows – one day, those puzzled by why you chose Jesus, might join you in your walk in the Lord Jesus Christ!
Read this post to know how important you are in God’s eyes.