Archive for category Sinner's Prayer
Here’s a great teaching from John G. Lake Ministries, titled “How to Spiritually Capture a City.”
Click the link below to download the teaching as an MP3 file:
Curry Blake – General Overseer of JGLM says in that teaching that they have actually practiced what he teaches and it’s worked. If it worked for them, it should surely work for any other church and for any born again child of God.
Caution: Jesus sent disciples two-by-two. So I suggest you go out in groups to evangelize the way they recommend. And if there is hostility in the area you live or plan to evangelize, I suggest you speak to your pastor first, because the pastor is responsible for your spiritual well-being and life before God. If all is fine, then try it out and leave your comments here. If I do try out the method, I too will update. Till then, forever, God bless you and use you more mightily as a blessing, in Jesus’ name. Amen!
We all love Santa Claus, don’t we? Especially if he gives gifts to us or our kids! But did you know that while this fun tradition is good in a sense, it has also concealed the truth behind Christmas to an extent. Christmas is not about Santa. It’s about Jesus Christ, the Saviour of mankind. While the gifts that Santa gives to kids are perishable, the gift of salvation that God gives through Jesus is everlasting. Here are some interesting facts about Jesus and the Bible:
- There are 332 prophecies in the Bible about Jesus Christ.
- These include his virgin birth, his birthplace, how he was wrapped as a baby (in a white cloth meant to wrap dead bodies – ‘Kafan’ in Urdu – because he came to die for us), his sinless life, the exact day of his entering Jerusalem riding on a donkey, his death on the Cross, burial in a rich man’s tomb, resurrection, ascension to Heaven and even his return for the battle at Armageddon.
- All of these have come true so far. His return is expected too, as all other prophecies till the present time have been fulfilled.
- The Bible contains 8,000 promises.
- 27% of the Bible is prophetic – meaning, that 27% (8,352) of all (31,124) its verses give a total of 1,817 prophecies, all of which have come true so far.
- The Bible predicted thousands of years ago that the nation of Israel would be re-established exactly on 14th May, 1948 and also that it would regain Jerusalem precisely in 1967.
- The principle of quarantine to prevent the spread of contagious diseases was discovered from the Bible.
- The Bible mentioned thousands of years ago, that the Earth is suspended in outer space – long before Columbus discovered this and Copernicus “formulated a heliocentric model of the universe which placed the Sun, rather than the Earth, at the center”!*
- The Bible mentioned thousands of years ago, that the stars in space are innumerable, even though this was discovered by Galileo only a few centuries ago. Until then, people used to believe that there were only a thousand odd stars in the universe!
- This same Bible says that all humans have sinned and fall short of God’s glory. But as we ourselves sinned, we cannot pay the price required for the forgiveness of our sins. If we die in our sins, God would have no option but to send us to hell for eternity, because he is a just God (perfect judge). So if we were to get to Heaven where God lives, someone had to pay the price on our behalf. As no one else was worthy, God sent His only begotten Son Jesus as a human being, letting him die on the Cross to pay our penalty and then God raised him from the dead back to life, 3 days later. He has not died since then – he is alive and in Heaven right now. He ascended to Heaven 40 days after his resurrection from the dead.
- God worked out this plan for our salvation because He is a just God, yet a loving God. He had to punish sin while leaving the way open for the sinner to be set free. And that salvation plan is found in Jesus.
- Jesus is the only person in history so far who has met all the criteria required for a sacrificial Saviour: first-born male, without sin or defect, sacrificed on the Jewish ‘Passover’ festival day (Good Friday)…
- The Bible also says that if you confess that you too have sinned, that you cannot save yourself and ask Jesus to save you, he will really save you (your spirit – atma – rooh). His blood will wash away your sin. All you need to do is pray a simple prayer for salvation with a true repentant heart, accepting him as your only Saviour and Lord. Click here to see what that prayer is.
* Source: Wikipedia
If you are to trust your family’s future into the hands of an insurance company, which one would you choose – one that does not have any record of honouring any claim, or one which has honoured a claim in the past – just as it had promised? Of course, the latter! Now if you are to trust your eternal destiny into the hands of someone, then into whose hands would you trust it? Someone who has never come as a human being and understood your pain? Someone who died and you have never heard of them after that? Or into the hands of someone who died, rose again from the dead and has not died again – and thereby fulfilled hundreds of prophecies and promises? Again, of course the latter!
Well, my friend, the only real historical person who fits in that category is Jesus Christ. I am not trying to convert your religion. Christianity is not a religion. Jesus’ biggest enemies were the religious leaders of his day. It’s not a question of “my god is bigger than your god” – it’s a question of where you want to spend eternity. I urge you that you study the material I am linking to below, and thoughtfully consider praying the salvation prayer – knowing that you will be accountable before God for praying or not praying it. Jesus asked his followers only to preach the Gospel (Good News of forgiveness of sins and eternal life with God in Heaven – all for free!). He did not ask us to convert anybody.
So remember, God has given you a free volition. He has not given you the right to make the wrong choice, but He has given you the power to make the wrong choice or the correct choice. Just like how we have the power to abide by the law of the land or to break it, but we do not have the right to break it. So, then…
Go to one of the tourist locations around the world and you might spot enterprising folks offering to inscribe or write your name on a grain of rice. Those who have never read (or those who have forgotten) the verse above, might be excited to have their names printed on a grain of rice by a stranger – and pay for it. Even if it is really of no consequence at all!
“See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands;” – Isaiah 49:16
God is in love with every one of us. In Hindu and Islamic marriages, a bride gets her hands and feet decorated with floral and other designs using henna. Somewhere within the design or pattern, she asks for the name of the person she loves so much to be drawn – her bridegroom’s. Well, God loves us so much, that He has inscribed us on the palm of His own hands – the very hands of the Creator of the entire Universe! And not just on one hand, but on His hands – meaning both of them! O what a privilege to have our refuge in the hands of our Creator!
Dear Reader, if you don’t know what I am talking about, then probably you have not read the Bible. Read the Bible – it is the inspired Word of God. It tells you how much God loves you and that He has a plan for your life much more than simply living for weekends, occasional getaways and children’s convocations and marriages. Draw near to Him – after all it’s He who is your first relative. He conceived your beautiful baby face in His heart before your parents saw your face in the labour room, or even conceived you! He was with you always and now He wants you to be with Him forever into eternity, starting with your life here on Earth.
Road to Eternal Life…
Don’t turn right…neither turn left…but head straight for this page by clicking the link:
God bless you! And now go click the link above!!
In one of the earlier posts, (I think) I had mentioned that there are 100 billion galaxies in the Universe and that each galaxy has, on an average, 200 million stars. I guess I had read somewhere that if you count 2 stars in 1 second, it would take you 95,000 years to count all of them! But God doesn’t need to count them – He created them all. Can you see your own heart? (God can!) You still believe that it exists and beats, don’t you? You believe. If you can believe that, then you are certainly capable of believing that God exists and that He keeps everything beating (running) in all of Creation.
So you see there is a God – God does exist. And He’s not there, but here! He is near…at hand. God speaks through the prophet Isaiah in 41:10 in the Bible…
“Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”
If God promises to uphold you with His hand, you can be sure that He is near. So if you are a Christian, this is enough assurance to bring you through any trial. But if you are not a Christian, let me comfort you by announcing that God our Creator deeply loves you and wants to draw you near to Him. He longs for you to know Him, just as you long for your child to call you Daddy or Mummy. You can change your life for the better forever now…read the post Good News Friday to do so.
What is a Church (or ‘the’ Church)? The Church is a term used to describe in one word, the community of people who have believed in the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour and who have received his offer of forgiveness of sins. So basically, it is a group of people who are saved “by grace through faith.” (Ephesians 2:8) Why is it not a building? Here are 3 reasons why (in my opinion)…
- The Torn Curtain and Pentecost: When Jesus died on the cross to pay for our sins, the Temple curtain was torn into two. (Luke 23:45) This meant that now mankind would no longer need to come before God through a human high priest. We can now come before God in the name of His Son Jesus. So God no longer needed to dwell/be worshipped in a building. Once the Holy Spirit was sent down by Jesus at Pentecost, our bodies became temples of God if we had received forgiveness for our sins and were filled by the Spirit of God. (Prayer to receive forgiveness from sins)
- The Builder: “Unless the LORD builds the house, They labor in vain who build it” (Psalm 127:1) The church buildings are built by man. The Church that Jesus is building, is being built by God Himself. Only God can build it, because the reason for building it is not earthly – it is heavenly. God is preparing us for eternal life in Heaven. So how can He confine His work to mere bricks and mortar? In fact, while building man-made churches is finished when the construction is over, the Church of Christ is still being built, as more and more souls are saved every day.
- Indestructible: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” ( John 3:16) What happens when a severe earthquake strikes a church building? Well, quite likely the building collapses, or at least get damaged in some way. But Jesus’ Church does not, because it consists of humans, who can run toward safety and continue glorifying God so long as they’re alive. A building cannot glorify God on its own! And even if humans die, their spirit remains. The human spirit cannot be harmed when it is indwelt by God’s Holy Spirit. But a building does not have a spirit (soul) – so how can it have the Holy Spirit living inside it? (!)
The first Church service I attended was about four months after I gave my heart to Christ.
I was a struggling singer in May 2002. I did not want to do a job, but only wanted to be a singer. After I confessed my sins to Jesus and prayed the Salvation Prayer, God began to change me from within. I took my parents’ advice and took up a job as a management trainee. As part of my initial assignment, I had to visit door-to-door, to sell personalized books. One September afternoon, when I rang the doorbell of a house in downtown Mumbai, a young man opened the door. After pitching about my stuff, I asked him if he was a Christian, as there were stickers of Jesus and some verses on the door post. I also told him about my faith in Jesus Christ. He handed me a tract and invited me to his church, the Greater Grace Fellowship’s Sunday service.
I went to the church that very Sunday. He was an usher there. I loved the preaching and the love I experienced there, which was totally unique. It came from within the hearts of the people there. No showbiz. No fooling oneself or others. No commercialism. It was God the Holy Spirit Who was dwelling in their hearts. I accepted the salvation call from the Pastor (Karl Silva) and the rest, as they say, is history! God bless Justin John for being the one who brought me into His house.
When you turn over your life to Jesus Christ, you become “a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” [2 Corinthians 5:17] The Holy Spirit goes at work in your life and lays foundations that grow deep and wide first and high later. If you haven’t as yet, I urge you to turn your life over to Jesus. You won’t regret it!
Yesterday was Good Friday. My local church Pastor Karl Silva began aptly when he said the day was as much a Good News Friday as it was Good Friday. This day, 2000 years ago, God the Father “gave His only begotten Son, so that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)
Imagine eating out at a restaurant and running up a huge bill you cannot foot. A man walks by and sees your plight. He has compassion for you. Out of grace, he approaches the manager and volunteers to pay your bill, so that you can walk away free! The manager will then stamp the bill with “PAID IN FULL” That Saviour is Jesus Christ, the Son of God – or God the Son. And Jesus not only died on the Cross to pay for your sins as much as mine, but on the third day (Easter Sunday), he also walked out his grave alive in a resurrected body that cannot be killed or destroyed. He has not died since then and is alive and living in heaven, seated at the right-hand side of God the Father.
So if you want to be sure of going to heaven when you die, pray this simple prayer, but with a genuinely repentant heart. God will begin the beautiful process of change in you.
“Father God, I confess that I am a sinner. I have committed sins against you. I do not deserve to be forgiven. I cannot pay for my sins on my own. I need someone who can do that for me. Lord, I want to go to heaven when I die. But as your Word – the Bible – says, if I die as a sinner, I cannot go to heaven. I would go to hell to suffer forever in the lake of fire. But Lord thank you for sending Jesus as a human being 2000 years ago to pay for my sins. Lord I believe that he died to pay for my sins, was buried and rose again. Lord, wash me clean with the precious Blood that he shed on the Cross. Fill me with your Holy Spirit and make me the person You want me to be. Take me to heaven when I die. Save me, Lord. In Jesus’ Name I pray. Amen.”
Start visiting a Bible-believing church and study the Bible everyday, starting with the Book of John or Mark. Pray everyday. Ask the Holy Spirit to teach you how to do so. Your life will change for the better, for good. I should know. Mine has.