Archive for category Heaven
“For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.”
It’s been a long time since I wrote a blog post. So here it is…
In the Divine Healing Technician Training seminar conducted by Curry Blake of John G. Lake Ministries, Blake says a few landmark things. Open a notepad or Word document and save this:
“When a child of God speaks, Heaven hears and agrees, and hell hears and obeys.”
Read that once more. Let it sink-in.
Here’s another one:
“An anointed teacher makes the complicated simple. An annoying teacher makes the simple complicated.”
And another one:
If you’re a Christian (saved, born again), then say this:
“I am God’s son, the devil’s master, and Man’s servant.” Read each part of that statement carefully and let it sink-in. Then repeat.
I suggest you memorize all the 3 statements given above.
If you want to learn more about their ministry, visit www.jglm.org. God bless you!
We all love Santa Claus, don’t we? Especially if he gives gifts to us or our kids! But did you know that while this fun tradition is good in a sense, it has also concealed the truth behind Christmas to an extent. Christmas is not about Santa. It’s about Jesus Christ, the Saviour of mankind. While the gifts that Santa gives to kids are perishable, the gift of salvation that God gives through Jesus is everlasting. Here are some interesting facts about Jesus and the Bible:
- There are 332 prophecies in the Bible about Jesus Christ.
- These include his virgin birth, his birthplace, how he was wrapped as a baby (in a white cloth meant to wrap dead bodies – ‘Kafan’ in Urdu – because he came to die for us), his sinless life, the exact day of his entering Jerusalem riding on a donkey, his death on the Cross, burial in a rich man’s tomb, resurrection, ascension to Heaven and even his return for the battle at Armageddon.
- All of these have come true so far. His return is expected too, as all other prophecies till the present time have been fulfilled.
- The Bible contains 8,000 promises.
- 27% of the Bible is prophetic – meaning, that 27% (8,352) of all (31,124) its verses give a total of 1,817 prophecies, all of which have come true so far.
- The Bible predicted thousands of years ago that the nation of Israel would be re-established exactly on 14th May, 1948 and also that it would regain Jerusalem precisely in 1967.
- The principle of quarantine to prevent the spread of contagious diseases was discovered from the Bible.
- The Bible mentioned thousands of years ago, that the Earth is suspended in outer space – long before Columbus discovered this and Copernicus “formulated a heliocentric model of the universe which placed the Sun, rather than the Earth, at the center”!*
- The Bible mentioned thousands of years ago, that the stars in space are innumerable, even though this was discovered by Galileo only a few centuries ago. Until then, people used to believe that there were only a thousand odd stars in the universe!
- This same Bible says that all humans have sinned and fall short of God’s glory. But as we ourselves sinned, we cannot pay the price required for the forgiveness of our sins. If we die in our sins, God would have no option but to send us to hell for eternity, because he is a just God (perfect judge). So if we were to get to Heaven where God lives, someone had to pay the price on our behalf. As no one else was worthy, God sent His only begotten Son Jesus as a human being, letting him die on the Cross to pay our penalty and then God raised him from the dead back to life, 3 days later. He has not died since then – he is alive and in Heaven right now. He ascended to Heaven 40 days after his resurrection from the dead.
- God worked out this plan for our salvation because He is a just God, yet a loving God. He had to punish sin while leaving the way open for the sinner to be set free. And that salvation plan is found in Jesus.
- Jesus is the only person in history so far who has met all the criteria required for a sacrificial Saviour: first-born male, without sin or defect, sacrificed on the Jewish ‘Passover’ festival day (Good Friday)…
- The Bible also says that if you confess that you too have sinned, that you cannot save yourself and ask Jesus to save you, he will really save you (your spirit – atma – rooh). His blood will wash away your sin. All you need to do is pray a simple prayer for salvation with a true repentant heart, accepting him as your only Saviour and Lord. Click here to see what that prayer is.
* Source: Wikipedia
If you are to trust your family’s future into the hands of an insurance company, which one would you choose – one that does not have any record of honouring any claim, or one which has honoured a claim in the past – just as it had promised? Of course, the latter! Now if you are to trust your eternal destiny into the hands of someone, then into whose hands would you trust it? Someone who has never come as a human being and understood your pain? Someone who died and you have never heard of them after that? Or into the hands of someone who died, rose again from the dead and has not died again – and thereby fulfilled hundreds of prophecies and promises? Again, of course the latter!
Well, my friend, the only real historical person who fits in that category is Jesus Christ. I am not trying to convert your religion. Christianity is not a religion. Jesus’ biggest enemies were the religious leaders of his day. It’s not a question of “my god is bigger than your god” – it’s a question of where you want to spend eternity. I urge you that you study the material I am linking to below, and thoughtfully consider praying the salvation prayer – knowing that you will be accountable before God for praying or not praying it. Jesus asked his followers only to preach the Gospel (Good News of forgiveness of sins and eternal life with God in Heaven – all for free!). He did not ask us to convert anybody.
So remember, God has given you a free volition. He has not given you the right to make the wrong choice, but He has given you the power to make the wrong choice or the correct choice. Just like how we have the power to abide by the law of the land or to break it, but we do not have the right to break it. So, then…
They say “Never quit.” “Never give up.” In some cases, that’s not true. It depends on what you want to or need to quit or give up. If you are a slave to smoking or drinking, then you need to quit – give up – that. You need to be set free. Many people who live in democracies are in bondage – to sin. Or they are captives of disease, depression etc. Are they really free? No…! They need to be set free. Here’s how…
“Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.” – John 8:36
The best way to be set free from sin is to repent of it before the true living God and ask Him to forgive you and restore you to what He wants you to be. Jesus Christ – the Son of God – wants to set you free today…now. All you need to do is ask him to forgive you and help you overcome your weaknesses. In saying this I assume that you are already a born-again believer in Jesus Christ. If you are not, then you need to become one. Click here to learn how to get born again. Once (or if already) you are a born-again believer, use the suggestion given earlier in this paragraph, exercise your authority in Jesus’ name and choose to receive the freedom that is yours in Christ Jesus! Amen.
“Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies…” – Psalm 23:5
When Lucifer fell from Heaven, he lost all his privileges. God breathed into Adam and created Eve from his rib; and gave them “dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.” (Gen. 1:26, 28) Then Adam and Eve too ‘fell’. But God covered them by killing an animal and using its skin. God thus made them (and not Satan – formerly known as Lucifer) His chosen ones. Sure, Satan was not amused.
Throughout the ages, God kept assuring His people of a Saviour whose Kingdom would never end. And through His Son Jesus, God promises to exalt us too, as is written in Romans 8:17:
“And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ;”
Now just think of this. God seats you at a table in Heaven. He prepares the table with the finest things you can imagine consuming. That not being enough, He anoints you with oil. And when all this happens Satan and his fellow evil spirits stand as mute spectators. The glory that would have been theirs is now yours, even though you did not deserve it. Just imagine their frustration! They cannot do anything – it’s too late. If you’re a born again Christian, you’re already seated in the heavenly places with Christ Jesus – you are a joint heir with him!
Satan’s only chance to prevent this from happening (as best as he can prevent it!) is until a human being is saved. Once you’re born-again through turning your life over to Jesus, the devil’s time is up. He cannot attack your spirit. So his next best targets are your soul and body.
When you’re born again, Satan & Co. takes notice of you and swing into action. Whether you survive and thwart the attacks will depend on whether or how much you renew your mind to the Word of God. We will look at this in the next post.
Yesterday was Good Friday. My local church Pastor Karl Silva began aptly when he said the day was as much a Good News Friday as it was Good Friday. This day, 2000 years ago, God the Father “gave His only begotten Son, so that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)
Imagine eating out at a restaurant and running up a huge bill you cannot foot. A man walks by and sees your plight. He has compassion for you. Out of grace, he approaches the manager and volunteers to pay your bill, so that you can walk away free! The manager will then stamp the bill with “PAID IN FULL” That Saviour is Jesus Christ, the Son of God – or God the Son. And Jesus not only died on the Cross to pay for your sins as much as mine, but on the third day (Easter Sunday), he also walked out his grave alive in a resurrected body that cannot be killed or destroyed. He has not died since then and is alive and living in heaven, seated at the right-hand side of God the Father.
So if you want to be sure of going to heaven when you die, pray this simple prayer, but with a genuinely repentant heart. God will begin the beautiful process of change in you.
“Father God, I confess that I am a sinner. I have committed sins against you. I do not deserve to be forgiven. I cannot pay for my sins on my own. I need someone who can do that for me. Lord, I want to go to heaven when I die. But as your Word – the Bible – says, if I die as a sinner, I cannot go to heaven. I would go to hell to suffer forever in the lake of fire. But Lord thank you for sending Jesus as a human being 2000 years ago to pay for my sins. Lord I believe that he died to pay for my sins, was buried and rose again. Lord, wash me clean with the precious Blood that he shed on the Cross. Fill me with your Holy Spirit and make me the person You want me to be. Take me to heaven when I die. Save me, Lord. In Jesus’ Name I pray. Amen.”
Start visiting a Bible-believing church and study the Bible everyday, starting with the Book of John or Mark. Pray everyday. Ask the Holy Spirit to teach you how to do so. Your life will change for the better, for good. I should know. Mine has.