I am a writer, singer, composer and lyricist rolled into one. Neither an extrovert, nor an introvert. Believe that Truth is different from and better than Reality. God is Truth - sinning Man is yesterday's today's Reality!!! May God the Truth bless you :)
|Image courtesy: http://images.christianpost.com/blog|
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.” – Isaiah 55:8,9
That sounds really spiritual, doesn’t it? Maybe that applies to you if you are a Jew – but certainly not if you are a Christian. Because if you are a Christian, then the Bible says that you have the mind of Christ:
“For “who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.” – 1 Corinthians 2:16
Do you really think you can fulfill the Great Commission if your thoughts are lower than God’s thoughts and your ways are lower than His ways? If that were possible, then why would the Bible say that we have the mind of Christ? Why would we even need the mind of Christ? Praying and reinforcing the idea that God’s thoughts are higher than ours and His ways are higher than ours is a good way to try hard not to fulfill all that God has called you to do, as a Christian. Because God’s heart is for salvation, deliverance and healing for every human. So if He conceived that plan, only His thoughts and ways can achieve the fulfillment of these goals. If you don’t share His vision, think His thoughts and deploy His methods, there is no way to achieve these goals.
Maybe I’m preaching this to myself too, but if you want to fulfill the Great Commission, then the starting point is this:
- Learn to think (believe) like Jesus did; and
- Learn to walk (act) the way Jesus walked (acted).
That’s because the Old Testament saints – the Jews – did not have the Holy Spirit living inside of them. So they could not think or act like Jesus. But since we have the mind of Christ, and Jesus Christ and God the Father are one, our thoughts and ways are positionally the same as God’s. So the only thing we need to do is enforce that position in our lives. Once we get to doing that on a regular basis, we will be taking big strides to fulfilling God’s plan for our lives!
Are you on fire for the Gospel? Good, because you should be! Then here’s a blog post you might like and find useful: How to Spiritually Capture a City: Download MP3
The picture above is that of Gilbert Hill, Mumbai, India. According to Wikipedia, Gilbert Hill is a 200 ft (61 m) monolith column of black basalt rock at Andheri, in Mumbai (my hometown). The rock has a sheer vertical face and was formed when molten lava was squeezed out of the Earth’s clefts during the Mesozoic Era about 65 million years ago. If you are a practicing Christian, you might know that the Earth is not that old, but probably only about 6000-7000 years old. Scientists seem to have proven that all it takes for the Earth to cool down is a fraction of a second (Refer to Josh McDowell’s free ebook Reasons Skeptics Should Consider Christianity: http://www.josh.org/resources/free-book-downloads ).
Gilbert Hill is a national level prehistoric heritage site. Many people the world over might be thrilled to learn that the town they live in is home to a prehistoric site like this. I too was, until the Holy Spirit told me that every square inch of ground I walked on is a prehistoric site. It has always been existing since He created Earth! What’s more, He showed me another important fact – guess what it was – that I am a prehistoric site myself, being born again! And how? Of course, because as per the Bible, my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit and the spirit of Jesus Christ lives in me. The Ancient of Days (God the Father – Jehovah) lives in me through Jesus and the Holy Spirit. So is not my body a prehistoric site? Yours too is, if you are a born again child of God through faith in His Son Jesus. Yet what a joyful irony, the Bible says that when you turn your life over to Jesus, old things pass away and all things become new and all things are of God!
“For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.”
It’s been a long time since I wrote a blog post. So here it is…
In the Divine Healing Technician Training seminar conducted by Curry Blake of John G. Lake Ministries, Blake says a few landmark things. Open a notepad or Word document and save this:
“When a child of God speaks, Heaven hears and agrees, and hell hears and obeys.”
Read that once more. Let it sink-in.
Here’s another one:
“An anointed teacher makes the complicated simple. An annoying teacher makes the simple complicated.”
And another one:
If you’re a Christian (saved, born again), then say this:
“I am God’s son, the devil’s master, and Man’s servant.” Read each part of that statement carefully and let it sink-in. Then repeat.
I suggest you memorize all the 3 statements given above.
If you want to learn more about their ministry, visit www.jglm.org. God bless you!
Here’s a great teaching from John G. Lake Ministries, titled “How to Spiritually Capture a City.”
Click the link below to download the teaching as an MP3 file:
Curry Blake – General Overseer of JGLM says in that teaching that they have actually practiced what he teaches and it’s worked. If it worked for them, it should surely work for any other church and for any born again child of God.
Caution: Jesus sent disciples two-by-two. So I suggest you go out in groups to evangelize the way they recommend. And if there is hostility in the area you live or plan to evangelize, I suggest you speak to your pastor first, because the pastor is responsible for your spiritual well-being and life before God. If all is fine, then try it out and leave your comments here. If I do try out the method, I too will update. Till then, forever, God bless you and use you more mightily as a blessing, in Jesus’ name. Amen!
We all love Santa Claus, don’t we? Especially if he gives gifts to us or our kids! But did you know that while this fun tradition is good in a sense, it has also concealed the truth behind Christmas to an extent. Christmas is not about Santa. It’s about Jesus Christ, the Saviour of mankind. While the gifts that Santa gives to kids are perishable, the gift of salvation that God gives through Jesus is everlasting. Here are some interesting facts about Jesus and the Bible:
- There are 332 prophecies in the Bible about Jesus Christ.
- These include his virgin birth, his birthplace, how he was wrapped as a baby (in a white cloth meant to wrap dead bodies – ‘Kafan’ in Urdu – because he came to die for us), his sinless life, the exact day of his entering Jerusalem riding on a donkey, his death on the Cross, burial in a rich man’s tomb, resurrection, ascension to Heaven and even his return for the battle at Armageddon.
- All of these have come true so far. His return is expected too, as all other prophecies till the present time have been fulfilled.
- The Bible contains 8,000 promises.
- 27% of the Bible is prophetic – meaning, that 27% (8,352) of all (31,124) its verses give a total of 1,817 prophecies, all of which have come true so far.
- The Bible predicted thousands of years ago that the nation of Israel would be re-established exactly on 14th May, 1948 and also that it would regain Jerusalem precisely in 1967.
- The principle of quarantine to prevent the spread of contagious diseases was discovered from the Bible.
- The Bible mentioned thousands of years ago, that the Earth is suspended in outer space – long before Columbus discovered this and Copernicus “formulated a heliocentric model of the universe which placed the Sun, rather than the Earth, at the center”!*
- The Bible mentioned thousands of years ago, that the stars in space are innumerable, even though this was discovered by Galileo only a few centuries ago. Until then, people used to believe that there were only a thousand odd stars in the universe!
- This same Bible says that all humans have sinned and fall short of God’s glory. But as we ourselves sinned, we cannot pay the price required for the forgiveness of our sins. If we die in our sins, God would have no option but to send us to hell for eternity, because he is a just God (perfect judge). So if we were to get to Heaven where God lives, someone had to pay the price on our behalf. As no one else was worthy, God sent His only begotten Son Jesus as a human being, letting him die on the Cross to pay our penalty and then God raised him from the dead back to life, 3 days later. He has not died since then – he is alive and in Heaven right now. He ascended to Heaven 40 days after his resurrection from the dead.
- God worked out this plan for our salvation because He is a just God, yet a loving God. He had to punish sin while leaving the way open for the sinner to be set free. And that salvation plan is found in Jesus.
- Jesus is the only person in history so far who has met all the criteria required for a sacrificial Saviour: first-born male, without sin or defect, sacrificed on the Jewish ‘Passover’ festival day (Good Friday)…
- The Bible also says that if you confess that you too have sinned, that you cannot save yourself and ask Jesus to save you, he will really save you (your spirit – atma – rooh). His blood will wash away your sin. All you need to do is pray a simple prayer for salvation with a true repentant heart, accepting him as your only Saviour and Lord. Click here to see what that prayer is.
* Source: Wikipedia
If you are to trust your family’s future into the hands of an insurance company, which one would you choose – one that does not have any record of honouring any claim, or one which has honoured a claim in the past – just as it had promised? Of course, the latter! Now if you are to trust your eternal destiny into the hands of someone, then into whose hands would you trust it? Someone who has never come as a human being and understood your pain? Someone who died and you have never heard of them after that? Or into the hands of someone who died, rose again from the dead and has not died again – and thereby fulfilled hundreds of prophecies and promises? Again, of course the latter!
Well, my friend, the only real historical person who fits in that category is Jesus Christ. I am not trying to convert your religion. Christianity is not a religion. Jesus’ biggest enemies were the religious leaders of his day. It’s not a question of “my god is bigger than your god” – it’s a question of where you want to spend eternity. I urge you that you study the material I am linking to below, and thoughtfully consider praying the salvation prayer – knowing that you will be accountable before God for praying or not praying it. Jesus asked his followers only to preach the Gospel (Good News of forgiveness of sins and eternal life with God in Heaven – all for free!). He did not ask us to convert anybody.
So remember, God has given you a free volition. He has not given you the right to make the wrong choice, but He has given you the power to make the wrong choice or the correct choice. Just like how we have the power to abide by the law of the land or to break it, but we do not have the right to break it. So, then…
Go to one of the tourist locations around the world and you might spot enterprising folks offering to inscribe or write your name on a grain of rice. Those who have never read (or those who have forgotten) the verse above, might be excited to have their names printed on a grain of rice by a stranger – and pay for it. Even if it is really of no consequence at all!
“See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands;” – Isaiah 49:16
God is in love with every one of us. In Hindu and Islamic marriages, a bride gets her hands and feet decorated with floral and other designs using henna. Somewhere within the design or pattern, she asks for the name of the person she loves so much to be drawn – her bridegroom’s. Well, God loves us so much, that He has inscribed us on the palm of His own hands – the very hands of the Creator of the entire Universe! And not just on one hand, but on His hands – meaning both of them! O what a privilege to have our refuge in the hands of our Creator!
Dear Reader, if you don’t know what I am talking about, then probably you have not read the Bible. Read the Bible – it is the inspired Word of God. It tells you how much God loves you and that He has a plan for your life much more than simply living for weekends, occasional getaways and children’s convocations and marriages. Draw near to Him – after all it’s He who is your first relative. He conceived your beautiful baby face in His heart before your parents saw your face in the labour room, or even conceived you! He was with you always and now He wants you to be with Him forever into eternity, starting with your life here on Earth.
Road to Eternal Life…
Don’t turn right…neither turn left…but head straight for this page by clicking the link:
God bless you! And now go click the link above!!
A couple of months ago, I had been to my native state of Gujarat, where I became – sort of – a Christian persecuted. I gave some gospel tracts to Hindus. Their response wasn’t bad on my face. But when I came back to my hometown, I learned that there was a small verbal fight over the issue. I had given one tract to my relative’s maid. First she asked for our pastor’s phone number saying she wanted prayer. The next day though, her husband came and fought with my relatives. In fact, another relative of mine took my evangelism negatively and said that they could inform the police and get me arrested for trying to convert people’s religion! A brother-in-Christ later advised me that on every tract, you should print words like “We are not trying to convert your religion. Jesus did not come to (start or) establish a religion. Whether to believe in this message or not is your decision.”
Of course, Jesus says in the Bible that people would hate his followers. But what I found surprising was that this actually happens here in India even though we are a secular country. We aren’t theocratic – Hindu like Nepal or Islamic like Pakistan, Saudi Arabia etc.
A missionary pastor later advised me to abstain from handing out gospel tracts in that state as people there think differently than people in my hometown. Missionary pastors really have it tough and often risk death when, ironically, they are really trying to set people free from the clutches of sin, sickness, death etc.
It would be interesting to learn if you have ever been a Christian persecuted for preaching the gospel (even soft persecution – like just handing out tracts or praying for people…). Share your experiences in the comments here. God bless you!
Need healing for yourself or a loved one? Here are some good resources from Curry Blake, General Overseer of John G Lake Ministries…
(Scroll down on the page linked below, for instructions on how to get that material from Dropbox or Google Drive for free.)
Give me your feedback. God bless you!
It’s a challenging question, isn’t it? Maybe you can widen your choice to 3-4 books! One of my favourite books is the Gospel of John. It is really dramatic. “In the beginning was the Word….He came to His own and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children (sons) of God…” (John 1)